Terms and Conditions for the L'Oréal Professionnel Paris ID Artist Auditions Competition (the "Promotion")
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these "Terms and Conditions"). Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Promotion Name and Description: L'Oréal Professionnel Paris ID Artist Auditions Competition
Promoter: L'Oréal Professionnel Paris, a trading division of L’Oréal UK Limited, Gateway Central, 187 Wood Lane, London, W12 7SA
Entry Open Date: 09:00 (UK time) on 09 January 2024
Entry Closing Date: 23:59 (UK time) on 16 January 2024
· Residents aged 18+ in UK and ROI only.
· Entrants must also be employees engaged as a hairdresser, colourist and/or stylist working in a hair salon in the UK or ROI which has a valid L'Oréal salon stockist account on the L'Oréal Partner Shop: https://www.lorealpartnershop.com/uk or https://www.lorealpartnershop.com/ie.
· Entrants must have internet access, an Instagram account, a L'Oréal ACCESS account and access to a laptop/desktop/smartphone, as well as video recording equipment. Entries are only accepted by digital means.
· The live model in the audition video must be 16+ and have consented to being featured.
· The Promoter reserves the right to require entrants to prove that they are eligible to enter the Promotion and/or to carry out its own investigations (either itself or through a third party acting on its behalf), for example, to verify that any entrant is a professional hairdresser based in the required location and the hair salon has a valid L'Oréal salon stockist account on the L'Oréal Partner Shop. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner from all other eligible entrants to receive their prize and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
How To Enter Requirements:
· Enrol on the "ID Artist Auditions 2024" waitlist on L'Oréal Access: https://uk.lorealaccess.com/learn/courses/74028/id-artist-auditions-2024-register-interest-now or https://ie.lorealaccess.com/learn/courses/74030/id-artist-auditions-2024-register-interest-now (the "Waitlist") by 17:00 (UK time) 15 January 2024.
· If you enrol on the Waitlist before 09:00 (UK time) on 9 January 2024, you will receive an email with a link to the website where you will be required to submit your audition video. If you enrol on or after this time, this link will be presented to you online at the point of the completion of your enrolment.
· On or after the Entry Open Date, submit your full name, email address, phone number, salon name, salon postcode and confirmation on whether the salon in question has a valid L'Oréal salon stockist account on the L'Oréal Partner Shop, and upload an audition video featuring a live model with a complete look relating to something that inspires you by 23:59 (UK time) on 16 January 2024. The video must involve cutting, styling or colour result (or a combination of the three) using only L’Oréal Professionnel Paris styling and/or colouring products. In the video, you must also explain how you achieved the look, including the techniques and products used.
· Please note that the audition video must also:
o be at least 90 seconds in length, but should not exceed 5 minutes;
o be recorded against a clear background;
o not include references to L'Oréal competitor products or brands; and
o be created in accordance with the UK government's health and safety guidelines.
· The selection of the winners will involve two rounds of judging. In the first round of judging, the independent judging panel will review and assess all entrant audition videos based on the following criteria:
o Video and presentation (scoring from 0.5 to 5 marks, with half points allowed):
§ Engaging presenter
§ Thought process and final result
o Finished model look (scoring from 0.5 to 5 marks, with half points allowed):
§ Execution of chosen field result
§ Standard of work
§ Alignment to the L'Oréal Professionnel Paris brand identity
o Chosen field of cut, session, colour or any combination of the three (scoring from 0.5 to 5 marks, with half points allowed):
§ The development potential of the entrant in their chosen field.
o Skill level (score from 0.5 to 5 marks, with half points allowed).
· After the first round of judging taking place between 29 January 2024 and 2 February 2024, the judging panel will select 36 entrants on 2 February 2024 to proceed to the second round of judging. If you are successful, you will be emailed an interview date and time slot to participate in a 10-minute virtual interview on 13 February 2024 with the panel of judges.
· For the second round of judging, the judges will ask the shortlist of 36 potential winners from the first round a series of questions regarding the quality of the technical hairdressing, the creativity and inspiration of the look, the presentation skills and thought process of the look presented in their respective audition videos.
· The panel of judges will then select the 12 final winners following the virtual interviews. The winning entries will be the entries that best meet the above criteria.
· You confirm that you have obtained all necessary consents and permissions from (i) your employer to enter this Promotion and attend the Events (as defined below in 'Prize Details') if selected as a winner; and (ii) the model appearing in the video to be shown in the video.
· The video will not be shown publicly but will be reviewed by the judging panel and, as necessary for the purposes of operating this Promotion, the administrators of this Promotion.
· The entries will be judged by an independent panel of hairdressing industry experts.
· 12 final winners will be selected by the judging panel after the second round of judging. Each winner will receive a place on the L'Oréal Professionnel Paris ID Artist Programme 2024-2025 (the "Programme") which is non-deferrable. This involves a minimum of 5 days of inspirational and educational workshops and stylist opportunities (such as backstage work at fashion shows, demonstrations at trade events or colleges, and/or stage presentations at industry events) per year (each an "Event"). The first Event of 2024 will take place on 12 March 2024 and 13 March 2024. Later dates for 2024 and 2025 will be confirmed in writing to each winner in advance. The prize includes economy travel and basic accommodation to and from these Events. Each winner must make themselves available for the travel arrangements and the Events. No replacement Events or travel arrangements will be provided if the winner cannot attend, unless otherwise permitted by the Promoter in writing. The Promoter is not responsible for any issues relating to immigration, visas, or any legal requirements in relation to the winner travelling to and attending the Events. The winners are responsible for paying all associated costs for the Events that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners must respect all government requirements in relation to COVID-19. The winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prizes. The Events are likely to be located in the UK only. There is no guarantee that the prize will include international travel and this will be determined by the Promoter at their sole discretion.
· Please note that there may be additional workshops and opportunities provided to the winners but these are provided at the sole discretion of the Promoter ("Other Events"). Only access to the Other Event is included and no other costs will be paid for by the Promoter, unless otherwise confirmed by the Promoter in writing. All travel, accommodation, insurance, or any other incidentals or requirements for travel will be each winner's sole responsibility. The Promoter will inform the winners of any Other Events by email and the winner must respond to the email by the specified deadline in order to be eligible for the Other Events. Unless it relates to a technical error caused solely by the Promoter, the Promoter shall not be responsible for any Other Events opportunities that were not received by the winners and shall not be required to consider any responses that were provided after the specified deadline.
· It is each winner's sole responsibility to be available for the Event dates set out in these Terms and Conditions, which includes obtaining approvals and permission from their employers in advance to enter the Promotion and attend the Events, as well as any Other Events offered to the winners.
· The prize is awarded to the individual and not their hair salon. Therefore, if the winner's employment status changes during the duration of the Programme, the winner will remain eligible to attend the Events subject to these Terms and Conditions, provided at all times that the new hair salon also has a valid L'Oréal salon stockist account on the L'Oréal Partner Shop. If the winner joins or will join a hair salon that does not have a valid L'Oréal salon stockist account on the L'Oréal Partner Shop, the winner acknowledges and agrees that it will forfeit the prize at the point when the winner submits its resignation for their current hair salon, or otherwise gains employment in a hair salon that does not have a valid L'Oréal salon stockist account on the L'Oréal Partner Shop (whichever is earlier).
Number of winners: 12
Promotion Selection Date: 12 winners will be selected out of all the eligible entries on or around 16 February 2024.
Notification of the winners:
· Winners will be notified by phone and/or email on 16 February 2024 by 20:00 (UK time). Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email on 16 February 2024 by 20:00 (UK time).
· If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified of their winning entry to indicate their acceptance of the prize and confirm their availability for the listed Events in 2024, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and select an alternative entry from all eligible entrants to the Promotion by applying the same judging criteria as set out in the 'How to Enter' requirements.
Prize Delivery: Within 7 days of the winner accepting their prize and confirming their availability for the listed events in 2024, the Promoter shall provide details to the winner relating to the first of the Events and the relevant travel arrangements.
General Terms and Conditions
Entry and eligibility
1. Video audition entries must be received between the Entry Open Date and the Entry Closing Date.
2. The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
3. The Promoter's employees, their immediate family and friends, or any third party directly associated with the Promotion are not eligible to enter. Additionally, any freelance consultants engaged by the Promoter's Professional Products Division, and their immediate family and friends are not eligible to enter.
4. Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries will not be valid. Proof of complying with the How to Enter Requirements will not be accepted as proof of receipt or entry. Promoter is not responsible for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to technical or connectivity or other problems.
5. Only one entry per person permitted. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be valid. Only one prize may be won per person.
6. Any entries which do not comply with the How to Enter Requirements, or which contain any third party intellectual property without prior informed consent from the rights holder, or which contain any abusive, inappropriate, offensive or obscene language or imagery will be disqualified. Examples of language/images considered to be inappropriate, offensive or obscene, include (but are not limited to): any message/image which contains (a) swearing; (b) threats of violence towards any person; (c) comments or actions which appear to be discriminatory of any person, company or group of individuals, for example comments of a racist, sexist or homophobic nature; (d) sexual innuendo, sexual language or sexual acts, actions or gestures; (e) promoting any illegal unlawful activity such as drug use; (f) any message that appears to be an advertisement or solicitation to buy; and (g) any materials (whether written or visual) that directly or indirectly relate to the Promoter's competitor brands or that show any intention of promoting any brand other than the Promoter's brands.
7. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter's reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter's sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
Prize fulfilment and disqualification
8. Prizes are as stated, they are not transferable and there are no alternative prizes or cash substitutes. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that the prize is unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
9. A winner forfeits their prize and the Promotion judges reserve the right to select at an alternative winner in accordance with the judging criteria set out in the 'How to enter Requirements" if:
(a) within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, the winner does not respond or does not provide the relevant information requested; or
(b) if a prize is rejected; or
(c) if an entry is invalid or an entrant is disqualified or in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to (i) disqualify an entrant or winner, and/or (ii) rescind a prize from a winner where, in the Promoter's absolute discretion, the winner or entrant's actions or omissions could bring the Promoter into disrepute. This includes, but is not limited to, bullying or aggressive behaviour towards others (e.g. threats or violence towards members of staff, crew, other entrants and/or venue staff), comments or actions which appear to be discriminatory of any person, and/or unacceptable behaviour linked to illegal substances or excess alcohol.
11. The Promoter shall disqualify any entries that have failed to abide by and/or are in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
12. The surname and county of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope, within 4 weeks of the Promotion Selection Date to the Promoter at Gateway Central, 187 Wood Lane, London, W12 7SA referencing the Promotion Name. If you object to any or all of your surname and county being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at the aforementioned address. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
Promotional Activity relating to the Promotion
13. In entering the Promotion, all entrants and winners agree to participate in any promotional activity relating to the Promotion, which may include entry content, voice, image and name for publicity purposes (in any media, print or online, including any websites, social media sites or third party retailer websites) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material (whether or not related to the Promotion) free of charge without additional compensation or prior notice. The Promoter may modify any entry content to fit in context with the relevant usage, whilst maintaining its original sentiment.
14. All personal details and/or information given either in the entry process or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entrants if they have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
Use of Entry Content
16. Promoter shall own all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the entries and any other materials (whether visual, oral or written) generated during the various stages of this Promotion, in perpetuity and on a worldwide basis for use at Promoter's sole discretion including, without limitation, use in advertising, other media, press releases, editorial and promotional activity, point of sale material, Promoter's websites, third party websites (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube), newsletters, e-newsletters or as a product label. However, the Promoter shall be under no obligation to use any entry, including the winning entry, in any manner, including on any product for any particular duration.
17. Accordingly entrants assign to Promoter any copyright and other intellectual property rights which exist in their participation in this Promotion and irrevocably waive any moral rights that could vest in them (which shall include their name, location and age) under the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988 or otherwise, and undertake to do all things necessary immediately on Promoter’s request to effect or confirm any assignment in this paragraph.
Limitation of Liability
18. Neither the Promoter nor agencies nor suppliers involved in this Promotion may be liable to the winners, whether arising from tort including negligence, breach of contract or otherwise or for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered whatsoever as a result of or relating to participation in this Promotion or the prizes unless you suffer personal injury or death as a result of the Promoter's negligence. No compensation for loss of earnings will be paid by the Promoter for participation in any aspect of this Promotion.
Website Specific Terms
19. Entrants must have internet access to be eligible.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Promotion. Neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by Promoter to operate the Promotion or otherwise that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted.
22. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to amend or waive any of these Terms and Conditions, or suspend or cancel the Promotion at any stage, in the event of circumstances that are unforeseen or beyond its reasonable control (including suspected or actual fraudulent or misleading practices or other breaches of these Terms and Conditions).
English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this Promotion.