Terms and Conditions for the French Balayage Boss promotion
By entering the promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these "Terms and Conditions"). Promotional materials relating to the promotion, including all information on how to enter the promotion, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Promotion Name and Description: French Balayage Boss competition.
Promoter: L'Oréal Professionnel, a trading division of L’Oréal UK Limited, 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ.
Co-Promoters: (1) Alan Howard Ltd, Section 12, Woodbank Industrial Est., Turncroft Lane, Stockport, SK1 4AR; (2) Ellisons Hair & Beauty Supplies, 43 Bayton Road, Exhall, Coventry, West Midlands, CV7 9EF; (3) Capital (Hair & Beauty) Supplies Ltd, Crowhurst Corner, Crowhurst Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 8AP; (4) Salons Direct Ltd., Unit 8 Bassendale Road, Croft Business Park, Bromborough, Merseyside, United Kingdom, CH62 3QL.
Entry Open Date: 00:01 UK time on 1 June 2021
Entry Closing Date: 23:59 UK time on 30 June 2021
(1) Alan Howard Ltd, https://www.alanhoward.co.uk/privacy,
(2) Ellisons Hair & Beauty Supplies, https://www.ellisons.co.uk/terms-and-conditions#privacy,
(3) Capital (Hair & Beauty) Supplies Ltd, https://www.capitalhairandbeauty.co.uk/privacy-policy,
(4) Salons Direct Ltd., https://www.salonsdirect.com/privacy-policy,
- UK residents aged 18+ only.
- Entrants must be the owner of a salon or a professional hairdresser in the UK.
- Entrants must have internet access and an open Instagram account (i.e. not set to a 'private' account).
How To Enter Requirements:
- Enter by posting up to 5 photos of your French Balayage look, using at least two L'Oréal Professionnel products – one from each of the Blond Studio and Dia Light product ranges - to create the look, on your public Instagram account, for your chance to win.
- In your post,
- Include the hashtag #frenchbalayageboss, @lorealpro and add one tag identifying one of the Co-Promoters associated with this promotion, being either: @capitalhair, @alanhowardltd, @salonsdirect, or @ellisonshairandbeauty;
- explain how you created your French Balayage look using at least two L'Oréal Professionnel products from the Blond Studio and Dia Light product ranges
- You can only enter the competition through one of the Co-Promoters listed within these Terms and Conditions and must therefore include the tag for only one of the Co-Promoters when submitting your entry (or entries if applicable).
- The photo(s) must:
- onot include references to L'Oréal competitor products or brands; and
- must be created in accordance with the UK government's current health and safety guidelines.
- Your post must remain live on your public Instagram profile until the Entry Closing Date.
- Posts on Instagram Stories or on other areas of the Instagram platform will not be deemed valid entries.
- By posting the photo(s) with the hashtag #frenchbalayageboss, @lorealpro and the applicable Co-Promoter tag on your public Instagram account, you confirm that you have obtained all necessary consents and permissions from the individual appearing in the photo(s) and you agree to be automatically entered into this competition and abide by these Terms and Conditions.
Each winner will receive a L'Oréal Professionnel gift box containing the following products:
- 1 L'Oréal Professionnel Metal Detox Spray (500ml)
- 1 L'Oréal Professionnel Metal Detox Mask (250ml)
- 1 L'Oréal Professionnel Metal Detox Shampoo (300ml)
- 1 L'Oréal Professionnel Tecni.ART Pli Spray(190ml)
- 1 L'Oréal Professionnel Tecni.ART Liss Control Gel Creme (150ml)
- 1 mini tub of jelly bean sweet (55g)
- 1 Hairdressers apron with the L'Oréal Professionnel logo
- 1 personalised reusable water bottle (500ml) (the winner will be contacted at the end of the competition and asked what name or slogan they'd like written on the water bottle. The text can be up to 20 characters and must not include a third party competitor name, logo or slogan or include any inappropriate, offensive or obscene language.)
Number of Major Prize Winners: 4 winners, 1 winner being chosen from all entries received via each of the four Co-Promoters involved with running the competition
Runner-up Prize: Not applicable.
Competition Selection Date: 5 July 2021
- Valid entries will be assessed by L'Oreal Professionnel's Wholesale Education Manager and independent hair stylist Samuel Johnson.
- The judging criteria to be used to select the 4 winners will be the entries:
- which best showcase a well-executed, inspirational, modern colour look;
- is complemented by a beautiful style, finish and total look as interpreted by the entrant and which shares the same inspirations in upcoming trends as L’Oréal Professionnel, including:
- Fashion: taking inspiration from trends;
- Innovation: classic elements, with a brand new twist; and
- which show work that is exceptionally executed and technically correct.
- The hair colour & finished look will be the overriding factor in the Judging Procedure.
Notification of Winners:
- Winners are notified through the Co-Promoter they entered into the competition through sending them a direct private message via their Instagram account by 7 July 2021 and requesting the respective winner's e-mail address.
- Once this email address is supplied by direct message by the winner notified by each Co-Promoter, each winner will then be emailed by the Promoter and be asked to provide a UK address for the delivery of their prize by the Promoter and confirmation of the personalised message to be added to the water bottle.
- If a winner does not respond to the Promotor within 21 days of being notified of their winning entry to provide the email and/or their address details requested, the Promotor reserves the right to withdraw their prize and offer it to an alternative entrant selected at from all eligible entrants to the Promotion in accordance with the Judging Procedure.
Prize Delivery: Please allow up to 45 days from the date a winner supplies the requested details to the Promoter for delivery and personalisation of their individual prize.
General Terms and Conditions
Entry and eligibility
- Entries must be received between the Entry Open Date and the Entry Closing Date.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Promoter’s and Co-Promoter's employees, their immediate family or any third party directly associated with the promotion are not eligible to enter.
- Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries will not be valid.Proof of complying with the How to Enter Requirements will not be accepted as proof of receipt or entry.Promoter and Co-Promoter are not responsible for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to technical or connectivity or other problems.
- Up to five entries in total may be submitted per entrant but entrants may only enter the competition via the same Co-Promoter on each occasion. Entries submitted via multiple Co-Promoters will not be valid. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be valid.Multiple entries made by the same person from various email, social media or other accounts or from the same IP address will not be valid.
- Any entries which do not comply with the How to Enter Requirements, or which contain any third party intellectual property without prior informed consent from the rights holder, or which contain any abusive, inappropriate, offensive or obscene language or imagery will be disqualified.Examples of language/images considered to be inappropriate, offensive or obscene, include (but are not limited to): any message/image which contains (a) swearing; (b) comments or actions which appear to be discriminatory of any person, company or group of individuals, for example comments of a racist, sexist or homophobic nature; (c) sexual innuendo, sexual language or sexual acts, actions or gestures; (d) promoting any illegal unlawful activity such as drug use; (e) any message that appears to be an advertisement or solicitation to buy; and (f) any materials (whether written or visual) that directly or indirectly relate to Promoter’s or Co-Promoter's competitor brands or that show any intention of promoting any brand other than Promoter and Co-Promoter brands.
Prize fulfilment and disqualification
- Prizes are as stated, they are not transferable and there are no alternative prizes or cash substitutes.Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that the selected prize is unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
- A winner forfeits their prize and Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with the Judging Procedure if:
- within 3 weeks of being notified by Promoter, a winner does not respond or does not provide their full name and relevant details (if applicable, details for the prize to be despatched to in the eligible country of residence and the personalised message for the water bottle); or
- if a prize is rejected or returned undeliverable; or
- if an entry is invalid or an entrant is disqualified or in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Promoter and Co-Promoter reserve the right to disqualify an entrant or winner that, in their absolute discretion, could bring Promoter and Co-Promoter into disrepute.
- Promoter shall disqualify any entries that have failed to abide by and/or are in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- The name of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope, within 4 weeks of the competition selection Date to the Promoter at 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ, referencing the Promotion Name.
- All personal details and/or information given in the application either in the entry process or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entrants if they have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
Use of Entry Content
- Promoter shall own all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the entries and any other materials (whether visual, oral or written) generated during the various stages of this promotion, in perpetuity and on a worldwide basis for use at Promoter's sole discretion including, without limitation, use in advertising, other media, press releases, editorial and promotional activity, point of sale material, Promoter's websites, third party websites (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube), newsletters and e-newsletters.
- Accordingly entrants assign to Promoter any copyright and other intellectual property rights which exist in their participation in this competition and irrevocably waive any moral rights that could vest in them (which shall include their name, location and age) under the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988 or otherwise, and undertake to do all things necessary immediately on Promoter’s request to effect or confirm any assignment in this paragraph.
Limitation of Liability
- Neither Promoter nor Co-Promoter nor agencies nor suppliers involved in this promotion may be liable to the winners, whether arising from tort including negligence, breach of contract or otherwise or for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered whatsoever as a result of or relating to participation in this competition or the prizes to the extent permissible by law.No compensation for loss of earnings will be paid by Promoter or Co-Promoter for participation in any aspect of this competition.
Social Media Platform Specific Terms
- Entrants must have internet access and a public Instagram account to be eligible.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You are providing your information to Promoter and Co-Promoter and not to Instagram. The information you provide will only be used as stated in these Terms and Conditions. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have released Instagram from any and all liability arising from their participation in the competition or out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the competition.
- Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to amend or waive any of these Terms and Conditions, or suspend or cancel the competition at any stage, in the event of circumstances that are unforeseen or beyond its reasonable control (including suspected or actual fraudulent or misleading practices or other breaches of these Terms and Conditions).
- English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this promotion.