Terms and Conditions for the L'Oréal Professionnel x Hairdressers Journal International #iamahairartistWIN Competition
By entering the promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these "Terms and Conditions"). Promotional materials relating to the promotion, including all information on how to enter the competition, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Promotion Name and Description: #iamahairartistWIN Competition
Promoter: L'Oréal Professionnel, a trading division of L’Oréal UK Limited, 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ.
Co-Promoter: Hairdressers Journal International, a trading division of M Squared Media,
Allington House, 25 High Street, Wimbledon, SW19 5DX
Entry Open Date: 00:01 UK time on 11 February 2022
Entry Closing Date: 23:59 UK time on 31 December 2022
Privacy Policies: https://privacy.loreal.com/UKI/ and https://www.hji.co.uk/privacy-policy/
• UK & Ireland residents aged 18+ only.
• Entrants must be professional hairdressers working in or owning a salon in UK or Ireland, or working as a mobile hair professional within the UK or Ireland.
• Entrants must have internet access and a public Instagram account.
How To Enter Requirements:
• Enter by posting one photo or one video of no more than 3 minutes of your hairstyle work on your public Instagram account using the hashtag #iamahairartistWIN, @lorealpro and @hairdressersjournal for your chance to win.
• The photo or video entries must:
o not include references to L'Oreal competitor products or brands; and
o must be created in accordance with the UK government's health and safety guidelines.
• By posting the photo or video with the hashtag #iamahairartistWIN, @lorealpro and @hairdressersjournal on your public Instagram account, you confirm that you have obtained all necessary consents and permissions from the individual appearing in the photo or video and you agree to be automatically entered into this competition and abide by these Terms and Conditions.
• By entering into this competition you agree that the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, share your competition entry on the L’Oreal Education IG - lorealpro_education_uki Instagram page.
Prizes vary every month and will be specified for the current month on https://www.instagram.com/lorealpro_education_uki/. Each winner will receive a prize bundle which will consist of L'Oréal Professionnel haircare and colour products worth at least £90 in total.
Number of monthly prize winner(s): 5 winners will be selected each month for the duration of the Promotion.
Special Master Class winner:
Winners of the monthly competitions will also be entered into an additional prize competition where their original winning entries will be judged in accordance with the same Judging Procedure to win a half day one-on-one with a L'Oréal brand hair artist. The Special Master Class is to be held in London on a date in early 2023 (date to be mutually agreed between the winner and L'Oreal). If the in-person Special Master Class cannot be held in person in London due to Covid related government rules and regulations existing at that time, the Special Master Class will be held virtually. The Promoter will provide the winner with an economy rail or flight ticket up to a maximum of £500 (the choice being at the Promoter's discretion) and one night at a 3 star hotel double room with breakfast in Central London if the winner lives more than 2 hours travel distance away from the Special Master Class location. All meals are excluded unless expressly stated.
Number of Special Master Class prize winner(s): 1 winner will be selected on 1 December 2022.
Competition Selection Date: Each month, the 5 winners for the monthly prize will be selected in relation to the preceding month's competition entries. The entries will be assessed and the 5 winners selected before the end of the first week of the following month. For example, winners for March will be selected by 9 April 2022.
For the Special Master Class prize, the winner will be selected on 1 December 2022.
• Valid entries will be assessed by a panel of judges including the Promoter's Social Brand Manager at L'Oréal Professional Products Division, the editor of the Hairdressers Journal, and two independent professional hairdressers, to be announced each month.
• The judging criteria to be used to select the 5 winners for each month and the Special Master Class prize winner of the competition will be the entries during that period which demonstrate (1) the best quality of hair style in the image or video considering the factors of placement, technique used and finish of the hair style, and (2) the creativity of the hair style.
Competition Winner Notification Date: Each month, the 5 winners for the monthly prize will be notified before the end of the first week of the following month. For the Special Master Class prize winner, they will be notified before 31 December 2022.
Notification of Winner(s):
• The monthly winners will be notified by the Co-Promoter via direct message or a comment under the winner's submission photo or video on their Instagram account page, requesting the winner to supply an address in the UK or Ireland via direct message to the Co-Promoter. The Co-Promoter will share the address details with the Promoter for the delivery of their prize.
• The winner of the Special Master Class will be contacted by the Promoter via direct message or email address, requesting the winner to provide their preferences and availability for attending the Special Master Class.
• If the monthly or Special Master Class winner does not respond to the Co-Promoter or the Promoter within 21 calendar days of being notified of their winning entry to provide (as applicable) the address details, contact information requested for the prize to be dispatched, or any other necessary information, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and select an alternative entry from all eligible entrants to the Promotion by applying the same Judging Procedure.
• The winners will be announced every month on the Co-Promoter's Instagram page – @hairdressersjournal.
Prize Delivery: Please allow up to 30 days from the date a winner supplies the requested details for delivery of the prize.
General Terms and Conditions
Entry and eligibility
1. Entries must be received between the Entry Open Date and the Entry Closing Date.
2. The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
3. The Promoters' employees, their immediate family or any third party directly associated with the promotion are not eligible to enter.
4. Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries will not be valid. Proof of complying with the How to Enter Requirements will not be accepted as proof of receipt or entry. Promoters are not responsible for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to technical or connectivity or other problems.
5. Multiple entries per person each month permitted. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be valid.
6. Any entries which do not comply with the How to Enter Requirements, or which contain any third party intellectual property without prior informed consent from the rights holder, or which contain any abusive, inappropriate, offensive or obscene language or imagery will be disqualified. Examples of language/images considered to be inappropriate, offensive or obscene, include (but are not limited to): any message/image which contains (a) swearing; (b) comments or actions which appear to be discriminatory of any person, company or group of individuals, for example comments of a racist, sexist or homophobic nature; (c) sexual innuendo, sexual language or sexual acts, actions or gestures; (d) promoting any illegal unlawful activity such as drug use; (e) any message that appears to be an advertisement or solicitation to buy; and (f) any materials (whether written or visual) that directly or indirectly relate to Promoters' competitor brands or that show any intention of promoting any brand other than Promoters brand's.
7. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoters' reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the Promoters and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoters' sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoters may, at their sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
Prize fulfilment and disqualification
8. Prizes are as stated, they are not transferable and there are no alternative prizes or cash substitutes. Promoters reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that the selected prize is unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
9. A winner forfeits their prize and the Promoters reserve the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with the Judging Procedure if:
(a) within 3 weeks of being notified by Promoter, a winner does not respond or does not provide their full name and relevant details (if applicable, details for the prize to be despatched to in the eligible country of residence); or
(b) if a prize is rejected or returned undeliverable; or
(c) if an entry is invalid or an entrant is disqualified or in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
10. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify an entrant or winner that, in its absolute discretion, could bring the Promoters into disrepute.
11. Promoters shall disqualify any entries that have failed to abide by and/or are in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
12. The surname and county of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope, within 4 weeks of the Competition Selection Date to the Promoter at 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ, referencing the Promotion name. If you object to any or all of your surname and county being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at the aforementioned address. In such circumstances, the Promoters must still provide the information to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
12. All personal details and/or information given in the application either in the entry process or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. Promoters reserve the right to disqualify entrants if they have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
13. Any personal information that entrants share with the Promoters (including name, address, email, social media profile, or other data) will be kept secure and only used in line with each Promoter’s Privacy Policies and these Terms. By entering the competition, entrants acknowledge that their information may be used by the Promoter and its suppliers to administer the promotion. The Promoter may contact entrants by email, post, phone, SMS or other means in relation to the promotion, but will not send entrants any marketing communication unless entrants have also agreed to this.
14. The delivery details of the winner will be collected and processed by the Promoter so that the Promoter can provide the winner with the prize.
Use of Entry Content
15. Promoters shall own all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the entries and any other materials (whether visual, oral or written) generated during the various stages of this promotion, in perpetuity and on a worldwide basis for use at Promoters' sole discretion including, without limitation, use in advertising, other media, press releases, editorial and promotional activity, point of sale material, Promoters' websites, third party websites (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube), newsletters, e-newsletters or as a product label. However, the Promoters shall be under no obligation to use any entry, including the winning entry, in any manner, including on any product for any particular duration.
16. Accordingly entrants assign to Promoter any copyright and other intellectual property rights which exist in their participation in this competition and irrevocably waive any moral rights that could vest in them (which shall include their name, location and age) under the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988 or otherwise, and undertake to do all things necessary immediately on Promoter’s request to effect or confirm any assignment in this paragraph.
Limitation of Liability
17. Neither Promoter nor agencies nor suppliers involved in this promotion may be liable to the winners, whether arising from tort including negligence, breach of contract or otherwise or for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered whatsoever as a result of or relating to participation in this competition or the prizes to the extent permissible by law. No compensation for loss of earnings will be paid by Promoter for participation in any aspect of this competition.
Social Media Platform Specific Terms
19. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You are providing your information to the Promoters and not to Facebook or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used as stated in these Terms and Conditions. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have released Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability arising from their participation in the competition or out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the competition.
20. Promoters' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Promoters reserves the right in its absolute discretion to amend or waive any of these Terms and Conditions, or suspend or cancel the competition at any stage, in the event of circumstances that are unforeseen or beyond its reasonable control (including suspected or actual fraudulent or misleading practices or other breaches of these Terms and Conditions).
22. English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this promotion.