What is the Steampod?
The Steampod is a hair straightening tool that delivers continuous high pressure steam for a long-lasting, smooth and glossy finish. It can be used on all hair types to create a variety of styles from ultra-sleek to tousled waves.
What are the benefits of the Steampod?
The Steampod straightener has five temperature settings ranging from 140°C to 210°C, so it’s suitable for all hair types. The flexible anodized floating plates create an even distribution of pressure for a natural-looking style (no more plate marks!), and the compact, lightweight handle makes the Steampod more versatile than ever. The Steampod also works up to 50% faster than regular hair straighteners*.
Buy our Steampod online.
Do steam straighteners damage hair?
Typical heat styling tools can damage the hair, but a steam hair straightener helps to maintain the moisture found naturally in the hair fibre. This leaves hair looking beautifully shiny and healthy for up to three days**.
HOW TO USE THE STEAMPOD
1. Fill up the water pod, turn the straightener on, and select your desired temperature.
Tip: Be sure to select the right temperature for your hair type; for finer hair, use a lower setting, and increase the temperature for thicker hair types.
2. After about 30 seconds, hold the plates together to produce steam – now you’re ready to go.
Tip: The arrows on the barrel show the direction to use the straightener. For optimum hair steaming results, use the Steampod with L’Oreal Professionnel’s smoothing creams and protective serums, enriched with Pro Keratin to nourish your hair.
HOW TO STRAIGHTEN HAIR AT HOME WITH THE STEAMPOD
Create a sleek, smooth look and mirror-like shine with the Steampod by following these simple steps:
1. Apply our Steampod smoothing cream to freshly washed hair before blow-drying. This will protect your hair and give it a sleek shine for up to three days**.
2. Smooth the Steampod serum through the lengths and ends of the hair. This will help seal the cuticles of the hair fibre to give it a healthy-looking shine.
3. Split the hair into sections and, starting at the nape of the neck, run the Steampod slowly and evenly through each section. Use the Steampod comb attachment for easier at-home styling.
*Instrumental test vs. 2 strokes of 15 seconds with a classical hair straightener.
**Instrumental test when used with Steampod replenishing cream for normal to slightly sensitised hair.